Symptoms after starting Pauling Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Symptoms after starting Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by Cobraman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:04 am

Been aprox. 1 month taking Pauling therapy. Starting to have dull ache on left side of chest. No history of heart disease. Had high cholesterol 6 mo ago, 260, but started taking niacin and down to 185. My doctor doesn't do VAP. My question is can symptoms develop as a result of plaques wearing down, exposing the weak area of the vessel? I will be having this checked out this week.

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Symptoms after starting Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by Cobraman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:01 am

Note: Feels like hiatal hernia. Prob. nothing, just covering all bases.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:44 am

I believe johnwen is a cardiologist and I will ask Dr. Levy for his opinion. Johnwen?

The book you might want to explore is STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER (livonbooks.com) by Dr. Levy. It gave me an appreciation of how "complex" plaques form over the long term, (they can form their own capillaries, etc.) and if this is what is going on, that it will take some time to resolve. (The description reminded me of a tumor or callous, and resolving them will take time as a callous might be resolved on the skin.)

How much vitamin C are you taking? And do you know your upper bowel tolerance? When intake of vitamin C is increased, several enzyme systems are activated that Pauling said use up vitamin C, so paradoxically, increasing vitamin C might create a deficiency in the blood in some people. (This is the basis of the so called rebound effect).

The answer is to slowly increase your vitamin C intake to just under bowel tolerance (and if your tolerance is less than 1 gram you should consider a liposomal form, e.g. Lypo-C)

My recent "ache" in the general area turned out to be related to gall stones/gallbladder.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Cobraman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Bowel tolerance was at about 10g, but it seems to be easier on my system now. I will reassess. Have been working out a fair amount lately and could have caused hiatal hernia, at least that is what it feels like(had one before). Thanks for the input.

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by Cobraman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:09 am

Tests are normal so far. EKG normal sinus rhythm. No sign of left ventricle hypertrophy. They want to do a stress test due to family history of father having first heart attack at 46(I am 45). Will keep posted.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Johnwen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:06 pm

They want to do a stress test

Excellent advice!
Not to scare anyone!!! :lol:
I just sat through a presentation on ICD and the impact of Misfires on the patient. The thing that was kind of suprising was the statistics on Sudden Cardiac Death. At autopsy they found that 60% of the people had a MI some time prior to suddenly losing it all.
So "YES" if something just don't feel right or a sudden pain upon exertion or change of meds. or supps. it needs to be checked out asap.
Your on the right track! and as Owen said start low and work up from there, the results will be more rewarding.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Cobraman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 am

Thanks for info. Stress test scheduled for 1/27/11. Will update.

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by Cobraman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:45 am

Stress test results back. I have a stress induced ischemia at the apex of my heart(I believe they said right anterior). Nurse practioner wanted to order Heart catheterization, but I decided to speak to cardiologist first. Not knowing that much about it I need to do more research. As far as the pain in my chest I think it is unrelated because exertion doesn't make the pain occur, it occurs w/ a push down motion from my left arm. Am looking for any suggestions. Have been on Pauling therapy since mid December. If chest pain has anything to do w/ this perhaps the vitamin c made my pain receptors more vital, giving me this warning sign.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:53 am

In my opinion!! I think you should go with the angiogram. It’ll give everyone involved a good idea what is going on there. It could be a pinched conus, a fistula or some other type of anomaly, which may or may not be relevant. The only other option MDCT with contrast however the cost most of the time is prohibitive. However without these tests it would only be speculation as to the cause. I believe finding the source of the problem is the key to the solution. In the mean time stick with you Pauling program it will assure your other arteries remain healthy and give the heart the nourishment it needs.
As far as the angiogram thinking about it is worst then the procedure it self. Most of the cardio’s do it like you guys do Drill and Fills with anesthetic. Especially if it’s just a look and see.
Speaking of speculation here is my first thought that I had when I read your post!
Small fistulas usually do not cause any hemodynamic compromise. However, the larger fistulae can cause coronary artery steal phenomenon, which leads to ischemia of the segment of the myocardium perfused by the coronary artery. The pathophysiologic mechanism of coronary artery fistula is myocardial stealing or reduction in myocardial blood flow distal to the site of the coronary artery fistula connection. The mechanism is related to the diastolic pressure gradient and runoff from the coronary vasculature to a low-pressure receiving cavity. If the fistula is large, the intracoronary diastolic perfusion pressure progressively diminishes.
The coronary vessel attempts to compensate by progressive enlargement of the ostia and feeding artery. Eventually, myocardium beyond the site of the fistula's origin is at risk for ischemia, which is most frequently evident in association with increased myocardial oxygen demand during exercise or activity. Over time, the coronary artery leading to the fistulous tract progressively dilates, which, in turn, may progress to frank aneurysm formation, intimal ulceration, medial degeneration, intimal rupture, atherosclerotic deposition, calcification, side-branch obstruction, mural thrombosis, and, rarely, rupture.
research!

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by jknosplr » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:00 am

Johnwen, Owen

My question is can symptoms develop as a result of plaques wearing down, exposing the weak area of the vessel?

Is this plausible or does the fibrous cap stay in intact until the plaque build up underneath it is dissolved :?:

How does the VC protocol dissolve the plaque deposits without them rupturing :?:

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by Johnwen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:07 pm

It depends on what stage of development the plague is in. If everything works as planned the final coating is calcium then the endothelial cells will grow over it and may never be removed because the body accepts it.
If it’s relatively fresh and the damage has healed from proper supplementation the calcium will not form and no blood flow to the obstruction will occur then the plaque will break down slowly and attach to the HDL cholesterol and be taken back to the liver for disposal. This all takes time. The build up forms quite rapidly but after the damage has healed it takes time to remove it. The damage to the lining or below might be to only a small area but the plaque covering could extend for inches from it. Creating the need to remove an extended amount of plaque. Which takes more time then the actual healing.
If the damage to the artery is severe such as seen in scurvy where there is a sudden collapse of connective tissue a thrombi (blood clot) can form. If the bodies healing mechanism kicks in before the fibrin brakes down slowly. The clot can break loose and get stuck in a vital organs and cause extensive ischemic damage.
As you can see the fibrous cap you speak of is actually a calcium mix which the body can grow new cells over. Once the endothelial cells form over it it’s pretty much a done deal and could take years for the body to reabsorb the plaque material especially if it’s in the arterioles of the heart. In the major arteries where there is a circulatory system supporting the artery it could clear in less then a year. Blockage that forms from plaque is just the body putting a bandage over an injury and not putting the final STOP coat on soon enough to stop the build up.
As far as the build up breaking loose and moving else where. That’ a real long shot the plaque actually form’s to the walls of the vessel and has to be mechanically removed or chemically dissolved. It’s pretty well glued in.
Hope this helps with your understanding.
research!

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by Cobraman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:31 pm

I understand what you are saying John, but it sure does seem strange that this pain occurred a short time after starting Pauling therapy. Though admittedly a remote chance I wonder if something broke free causing a partial blockage. If anginal pain can be reduced in a short time from breakdown of plaque why not this. I am going to have tests done, but haven't decided on which ones. Will be discussing this with an osteopath that I respect before I see the cardiologist. Thank you very much for your input.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”