Progessing on Low Carb Diet, But statins/Stent recommended

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Progessing on Low Carb Diet, But statins/Stent recommended

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:34 am

Hi Owen,

I’m hoping you might shed some light on this situation, which might be applicable to many people.

My husband, age 64, has been slowly improving his “sort-of” low carb diet for the last 6 months or so, and has lost around 25 pounds, down to 204 at 6’1″ tall. He takes quality supplements including fish oil, CoQ10, magnesium, curcumin, vitamins C, D, E, etc.

He recently had a check-up with a cardiologist, which showed LDL at 104, HDL 79, triglycerides 63, normal blood pressure (108/68), A1c down from 5.6 to 5.3, and all other blood work normal.

You’d think the doctor would be cheering, but his nuclear stress test showed more than 80% blockage in one coronary artery, the one going to the bottom of the heart. The doc. wants him on a Statin drug, and wants him to have an angiogram and possible stent inserted. He is concerned about strong family hx of heart disease (both parents died from it and both brothers have had stents/bypass surgery.

My husband wants no part of this mainstream treatment. He has embarked on a very \"clean\" diet, (wild caught/free range meats/ lots of good fats/ plenty of fresh green veg, etc.no grains, junk or dairy) and is wondering what else he can do to clear out this plaque? With such good “numbers”, how much concern is this one blocked artery? He has no symptoms, and exercises moderately, lifting weights and treadmill work a few times a week.

He is also considering adding proteolytic enzymes, Serrapeptase and Nattokinase to his protocol. What do you think about this? Any other suggestions? You have so many different products and formulations we don\'t know which one is most appropriate for him, considering his lack of any symptoms and excellent bloodwork.

Any input greatly appreciated. And thank you for your tireless and constantly inspiring work!
Maddy M.

You didn't say how much vitamin C he takes, as this is the key to his condition.

The following post contains instructions to get started on Pauling's therapy,

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

Once we know his C bowel tolerance, we can recommend a product.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Progessing on Low Carb Diet, But statins/Stent recommended

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:39 am

Yes, he has been taking vitamin C all along, but only 1 to 2 grams per day. We have read your protocol and he will begin increasing the vitamin C as well as starting on Lysine.

We will contact you when he reaches tolerance at a stable dose.

What do you think about Serrapeptase and Nattokinase?

Thank you for your quick response.

Madeline M.

Personally, I like Pauling's idea of "orthomolecular" - substances that our body is familiar with - such as the vitamins and minerals and amino acids. I am no expert in these enzymes, but if they are not part of a regular diet, then how does one know how the kidneys or liver will handle them on an individual basis? I would give Pauling's therapy (vitamin C/lysine and proline) a chance first. Get to sufficient vitamin C, and then see how he feels and what happens to the "blockage."
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Progessing on Low Carb Diet, But statins/Stent recommended

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:38 am

Since this gentleman is in the process of losing weight and starting to up his excercise levels.
My thoughts go to increases of his homocystine levels due to these changes in life style.
Which could add to his present problems. I think once he finds his BT the use of "HEART TECH," would be the product of choice along with bringing his theraputic levels of C up with Lypo C.

It still amazes me how a doc can say what percentage of blockage a person has by a Stress test even a well educated guess could be so far out of fact, one could wonder where the heck he came up with these figures. Properly he should have been told,"You checked postive on the test and we're going to have to check further to see what the problem is." But this guys already setting him up for a stent which he'll get wither he needs it or not. I would be cautious and maybe even get a second opinon. ANGIO & STENT $15K Not needing them PRICELESS!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”