Products/Protocol for arrhythmias?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Products/Protocol for arrhythmias?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 10, 2011 8:31 am

Finally caught up! Whew.. Still have PMs though..

New email...

I have arrhythmias what protocol (which product and how much?) and will this help the abnormal electrical activity. All of my cholesterols are good.
Charles

Dear Charles

I have learned the hard way that arrhthmias can be due to one or more blocked arteries. (Have you had a bypass already?)

However, there are also other possible causes - too little magnesium, and/or too much manganese for example. See USDA story in my book http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/

Nutshell: Check supplements, and reduce manganese to less than 2 mg daily. (Over 20 mg has been found by USDA to cause arrhythmia) Should clear in 60 days if this was the problem.

So yes, Pauling's therapy may help depending on the cause. (There are studies that have shown vitamin C beneficial.)

Start with this protocol to determine comfortable amount of ordinary vitamin C you can take:
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

Try to get to work up supplement regimen to this modified Pauling regimen:
http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Steve Brown
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Products/Protocol for arrhythmias?

Post Number:#2  Post by Steve Brown » Tue May 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Besides magnesium, taurine is also theraputic for cardiac arrhythmia.

http://george-eby-research.com/html/tau ... hmias.html

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Thu May 12, 2011 9:10 am

I would like to add a little food for thought!
We know the heart is a muscle composed of cells called Myocytes this is a special type of muscle cell that conducts and responence to electrical signals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocyte

Lately there has been a dramatic increase in arrhythmias. In fact the AHA and AMA are surveying Md's to find out what this increase is. They know over the last few years it has been high and their trying to find out how high!
Now the big question! Over the last 15 years what drug has been given to anyone who breaths or at least 10 BILLION $$ a year worth! This drug is known to cause muscle damage.
So lets see the heart is a muscle this drug cuases muscle damage and is suppose to prevent heart disease or does it create another type of heart disease by damaging the muscle cells and making it so they can't do their job. ie. cell to cell proliferation
Anyone else see this connection (Statins=Arrhythmias)
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

w6nrw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by w6nrw » Thu May 12, 2011 11:15 am

Good one, johnwen . . . now, watch your back!
Curiosity cures boredom, there aint no cure for curiosity . . .

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Thu May 12, 2011 11:37 am

(Statins=Arrhythmias)

Brilliant deduction my dear Watson!

One way to help prove this conjecture is to exhaust all other possibilities... How long is the "window", do we know?

Recently, there has also been the dramatic and unexplainable increase in Autism... Perhaps members of this forum have been looking at the wrong cause of this problem too? Are pregnant women advised to take the "super safe" statins? Maybe the issue is a lack of cholesterol (a main body detoxification mechanism) along with the increased mercury in amalgams since 1976 and/or vaccinations?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

dboyd98

Post Number:#6  Post by dboyd98 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:23 am

Dear Charles

I have learned the hard way that arrhthmias can be due to one or more blocked arteries. (Have you had a bypass already?)

However, there are also other possible causes - too little magnesium, and/or too much manganese for example. See USDA story in my book http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/

Nutshell: Check supplements, and reduce manganese to less than 2 mg daily. (Over 20 mg has been found by USDA to cause arrhythmia) Should clear in 60 days if this was the problem.

Owen....I am needing a little clarification on the manganese issue because I have arrhythmia.

I checked my supplements but found no manganese listed. What supplements have you seen contain manganese? [Any supplementary info you can provide will be greatly appreciated]

Thanks, Doug

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 22, 2011 7:32 am

I checked my supplements but found no manganese listed

This is good. Usually multi-vitamins/multi-minerals, but a few others contain manganese.

Again, the issue according to the USDA researchers is that there is preferential uptake of manganese over magnesium by the heart,(they compete for uptake) and thus regular heart rhythm is interrupted if there is too much manganese in the diet. This can be treated in two ways, either decrease sources of manganese below 2 mg daily, or increase magnesium. The "toxic" level of manganese is reportedly around 20 mg daily. The reported interval to detox is reportedly 60 days.

This issue may not be your problem, but it is worth verifying. No harm and a lot of good can be expected from increasing magnesium.

But I am intrigued by Johnwen's deduction. Are you dboyd98 now (or have you every been) on statin cholesterol-lowering drugs??
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

dboyd98

Post Number:#8  Post by dboyd98 » Sun May 22, 2011 3:21 pm

This is good. Usually multi-vitamins/multi-minerals, but a few others contain manganese.

Again, the issue according to the USDA researchers is that there is preferential uptake of manganese over magnesium by the heart,(they compete for uptake) and thus regular heart rhythm is interrupted if there is too much manganese in the diet. This can be treated in two ways, either decrease sources of manganese below 2 mg daily, or increase magnesium. The "toxic" level of manganese is reportedly around 20 mg daily. The reported interval to detox is reportedly 60 days.

This issue may not be your problem, but it is worth verifying. No harm and a lot of good can be expected from increasing magnesium.

But I am intrigued by Johnwen's deduction. Are you dboyd98 now (or have you every been) on statin cholesterol-lowering drugs??

1. I haven't taken multi-vitamins for 30 years. I first started getting arrthymia in 1997. However, about 6 months ago, I bought a multi-mineral (called "ALL YOUR MINERALS") from Roger Mason at Young Again Products (but stopped taking it about 1 month ago). I now see it contains 2mg manganese sulfate in each daily caplet.

2. Mg => I have been taking 400mg for many years (and recently increased to 600mg) Magnesium asporotate per day by Solaray.

3. I am interested in your opinion, that of Johnwen and anyone else - Do you think the above Mg daily dose is adequate?

4. No, never. I refused statin drugs (but my 1st cardiologist wanted me to take them to "stabilize my plaque"). Honestly, statins scare me. Instead, I am taking 300mg Coq10 (as ubiquinol), Cardio-Plus and Cataplex B (these last two are from Standard Process Co and are high potency B vitamins).

Thanks, Doug

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 pm

You'll know when your taking too much MG. it'll start acting like a laxitive. However it usually gives some warning like Gurgling stomach and GAS when your getting near the limit.

You also may want to try getting a combo Magnesium,Potassium aspartate and add that to your 400mg Mag your doing now. The combos are usually 100mg Mag. and 99Mg. Pot.
That'll give you 500MG. Mag & 99MG. Potassium which is a good ratio.

Hope this helps.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 23, 2011 8:03 am

I wonder about this - you rely on your diet?
I haven't taken multi-vitamins for 30 years.

This is the opposite of Linus Pauling's experience from the book LINUS PAULING IN HIS OWN WORDS. After he almost died of a rare kidney condition in his 40s, his wife began giving him a daily multivitamin. He learned about the value of high-dose vitamin C in his 60s, and went on to live into his 90s.

Pauling recommended a mutli-vitamin/multi-mineral as "insurance" against a poor western diet. In case your problem is due to a deficiency in one of the 55 or so essential nutrients, and good multi is not a bad idea.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

dboyd98

Post Number:#11  Post by dboyd98 » Mon May 23, 2011 4:23 pm

I wonder about this - you rely on your diet?

No, I don't rely on my diet.

Instead of a multi-vitamin I have long used specific vitamins and minerals....like a bottle of Mg, bottle of Selenium, bottle of each of the antioxidants, etc. It makes for a lot of different bottles but I can decide what dosage of each nutrient to take.

Thanks, dboyd98

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 24, 2011 7:56 am

Okay, all 55 or so? B-complex in particular comes to mind as important.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”