Husband and Wife w/multiple health issues - no diagnosis

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Husband and Wife w/multiple health issues - no diagnosis

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:21 am

My wife had a mild heart attach 3 yrs ago. She is 200 lbs, 59yrs old.

Her legs are swollen, painful, discolored, black & blue spots all over, very oversized. She walks painfully. She is diagnosed with PAD. Her left knee started not being able to bend, very-very painful constantly. She was told this is because of Sciatic nerve problems in lower back for a few months now. She is getting worse for the last few months. She is taking Simvastatin, Plavix, Aspirin, Nexium (acid reflux).

Stress test six months ago, showed ALL is well. She gets out of breath easily. Her diet is very poor. She has excess weight all over.

Now about my self:(male) 59 yrs old, have A-FIB for 2 years, taking Sotalol 40 mg 2x daily for A-FIB.

I suffer with pains in shoulders, neck, lower back, headaches, lightheadedness, buzzing in the head (ears). All tests show nothing wrong - MRA, ear balancing, neurologigal tests. Most times I feel chest heaviness, sometimes I cant walk too far, and sometimes I can walk for a few blocks with out much trouble.

I eat healthy, organic, I try to eat the best I can. I am 140 bls, 5feet - 7 inches tall. I was full of energy until 2 years ago when it all happened.

What would you suggest for both of us?

God bless you for your work for people.

Best regards,
Ulysses

Perhaps some of the practicing doctors at our forum will have a clue.

You didn't tell me the most vital piece of informatin - how much vitamin C
both of you are currently taking?

If as I would guess, you are not current supplementing enough vitamin C,
you can start here for a beginning protocol:
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

Once we know how much vitamin C you can tolerate and more about you we
can recommend a particular product.

Reviewing your post:

Wife: besides our general concern with the heart medications, a primary problem with blocking stomach acid for an extended period is that this also blocks some vitamin C absorption. For the inherent dangers in Nexium we recommend Dr. Jonathan Wright's book WHY STOMACH ACID IS GOOD FOR YOU. (Lack of stomach acid may be a big part of your wife's problem.)

I suspect that starting the Pauling protocol, including his regimen in his 1986 book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, along with stopping the proton acid blocker and working with the doctor to reduce the heart medications would do wonders for you wife, and you.

Most of my supplement recommendations (based on Linus Pauling's) are included here http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/ (pdf download) and I would make sure to especially increase her magnesium intake.

I would stress CoQ10 and magnesium in your (husband) case.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Husband and Wife w/multiple health issues - no diagnosis

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:44 am

HER:
She is getting worse for the last few months. She is taking Simvastatin, Plavix, Aspirin, Nexium (acid reflux).

She needs to get off them D-- Statins ASAP!!! Add Some Chondroitin with Owens reccomendations. Start Walking!!!

HIM:
He needs to get on PT Yesterday or sooner. Get EKG done and find the underlying problem. My thoughts are he's got some form of CAD.

BOTH:
Cut the trans fat and gluten and get moving. Another thought since both are experiencing similiar problems is they could have a mold problem in their residence. Thats just a thought!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”