Does Vitamin C Cause Insomnia

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Does Vitamin C Cause Insomnia

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 05, 2006 6:43 pm

From the email

I've been taking vitamin c in 4 g doses a day (in powder form) for the last three days. My muscle pains were gone and I felt a surge of energy.All this was very good and welcome, BUT, I also have had insomnia and irritability, which I still have- and a weak urine stream, a symptom that my prostate was not helped, but worsened.( I am diagnosed with chronic prostatitis.)
Do you think that my boby was somehow unbalanced by the higher intake of C?
Thanks very much, Dion

Try melatonin - My wife and I have been taking it for the past dozen years or so. We sleep like babies.

Vitamin C should assist your problem of chronic prostatitis. Especially if it were viral in nature. (If not, you might find oral hydrogen peroxide helpful. I'll see if I can find my favorite link on using hydrogen peroxide as an antibiotic)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

blueskymyne

Post Number:#2  Post by blueskymyne » Fri May 05, 2006 8:07 pm

melatonin or vitamin b-12

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#3  Post by Dolev » Sat May 06, 2006 11:31 am

A few people have reported that vitamin C stimulates them and makes it difficult to sleep. I would think that this would cease to be a problem after a short time, but I don't know.
Dolev

ascorbicjoe
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by ascorbicjoe » Sat May 06, 2006 11:10 pm

Saw Palmento is said to help with prostate problems. I take it myself more as a preventative.

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#5  Post by J.Lilinoe » Mon May 08, 2006 2:57 am

Actually, I have found that when my system is nice and cleaned out at the end of the day due to taking BT Vitamin C, I have very good sleeps.

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by DanSco » Mon May 08, 2006 10:45 am

Dolev wrote:A few people have reported that vitamin C stimulates them and makes it difficult to sleep. I would think that this would cease to be a problem after a short time, but I don't know.

I had the 'difficult to sleep' problem right after I started taking "mammal doses" of ascorbate. IIRC, it only lasted for 3 days. Sleep like baby now.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#7  Post by Dolev » Mon May 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Thanks for the info. And for the phrase "mammal doses". Love it.
Dolev

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#8  Post by Dolev » Mon May 08, 2006 12:11 pm

"Mammel Doses."

The first teacher that turned me on to orthomolecular medicine paced in front of the class and said, "Sixty milligrams of vitamin C is certainly enough... ... for a cockroach!!!"
Dolev

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by DanSco » Mon May 08, 2006 2:54 pm

"Mammal Doses" Copyright 2006 DanSco. ( just kidding !! )
LOL - I am also quite fond of two other phrases from this forum, 'replacement ascorbate' and 'harmaceutical'.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#10  Post by Dolev » Tue May 09, 2006 2:02 am

"harmaceutical". That's fantastic. Who came up with that one?

Let it be known that I just copywrited, "Cockroach Doses" to describe the RDA.

Another thing I've wanted to know for a long time: What does LOL stand for?
Dolev

ascorbicjoe
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#11  Post by ascorbicjoe » Tue May 09, 2006 7:07 am

Dolev wrote:Another thing I've wanted to know for a long time: What does LOL stand for?

Laughing out loud.

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by DanSco » Tue May 09, 2006 7:34 am

jo came up with harmaceutical.
-DanSco

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Does Vitamin C Cause Insomnia?

Post Number:#13  Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri May 12, 2006 6:33 pm

Try magnesium glycinate if you have insomnia.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Toxicity”