Why does the Foundation recommend so high a dosage ?

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Why does the Foundation recommend so high a dosage ?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:14 am

Hi Owen

I am doing my best to understand why at this stage Vitamin C Foundation recommends such a large dose of Vit C when Linus is saying in his book on page 87 second paragraph, that 62 per cent is excreted in the urine. While 38 per cent remains in the body to carry out the various tasks it needs to do in the body. What he didn’t say is whether this relates to a person who is healthy or otherwise. Can it be assumed that if the color of the urine remains light, and there is no diarrhea that all of it remains for the most part in the body?

So others may be miss-representing the facts I have no idea who could be trusted to tell the truth without some corresponding results of a study that wasn’t swayed one way or the other?

I could see the value of Vit C remaining in the intestines to help fight bacterial disease and cancer there which is a good thing. So for me at the moment, taking small doses throughout the day works well as my tolerant level is okay versus taking 5 gr one shot.

I am interested in trying out the Liposome to see what its like. By the way its not really important to answer any of these emails as I am just throwing things out to see what sticks and what doesn’t. Certainly any thoughts or information you have is always valuable insight for my life and path.

At least I am learning more of what I didn’t consciously know.

James

I think Pauling's arguments are subtle and may require rereading. I just learned that Riodin's clinic takes blood tests for vitamin C at the end of each C IV to help determine the proper dosage - in some people, after an IV, there is no vitamin C in the blood! For these people, they give more C in an IV. It wouldn't have time to go out the urine..

Why do you think Pauling himself consumed 10 g, and later 18 g of vitamin C daily?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Why does the Foundation recommend so high a dosage ?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:35 am

Hi Owen

Your faithful writer, I think I understand.

I am reading Tom Levy’s book and from the work that Klenner did with his result on Polio. I am a bit slow and now understand why Linus came up with his conclusions. Most likely with Heart Failure the disease is pretty well entrenched not only in the heart but other vessels in the body. I am guessing but one can only hope with a sustained Vitamin C absorption that all of this stands possible to repair in time..

James
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sjmusic2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Why does the Foundation recommend so high a dosage ?

Post Number:#3  Post by sjmusic2 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:20 pm

@James : keep in mind that recommendations have been updated since HTLLAFB as our understanding of the pharmacokinetics of AA has improved, ie. the dynamic flow theory has surplanted the popular choice to dose orally once or twice per day and advocates more frequent, smaller doses to maintain the highest possible serum concentrations and thereby minimize the amount excreted. As you state, you are living proof of this theory :D

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_url?h ... i=scholarr

I would recommend reading Steve Hickey's books, they are well written, highly regarded and reflect modern thought.

Return to “Archive”