Dr Pieter Dahler, DDS, MD, ND (hon) PhD say

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Dr Pieter Dahler, DDS, MD, ND (hon) PhD say

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:56 am

it has come to my attention that synthetic vit c is worthless, being the "foundation" how can u continue you sell this junk after this kind off info, as follows:

Dr Pieter Dahler, DDS, MD, ND (hon) PhD says:

Vitamin C is generally a misnomer as it is only ASCORBIC ACID. It is the government’s doing that this fallacy exists. A true and HONEST Vitamin C is a Complex of several nutrients:
vit. P is the bioflavanoid such as Rutin and maintains blood vessel integrity, vit K is the clotting factor, vit J is the oxygen carrying capacity factor, several enzymes belong in this complex such as tyrosinase (also called the copper factor) and is the drenal gland factor. Rating taurosinase is a better measure of a true vit C supplement or food. Ascorbic Acid is an antioxidant. It is like the shell of an egg, the rest of the egg is missing. It’s artificial version has no therapeutic value. Get it from natural sources. Too much anti-oxidants is the cause of lack of oxygen, read that word again, and a lack of oxygen is a potential cancer cause, as the natural death of cells (apoptosis) is prevented in an oxygen deficient environment.

If you (or the good doctor) can find ANY science to support this, our Foundation would be VERY interested.

Many good people propagate this nonsense, forcing us to write several articles, e.g.

http://vitamincfoundation.org/NaturalC.htm

and we discuss this "issue" at our forum,

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

The information we provide is based on the 30-year research of Linus Pauling, which is based now on over 100,000 scientific papers, and on knowledge that threatens the economic basis of Big Pharma/Modern Medicine - leading to my own theories where and why this stuff gets planted.

This shows that even smart people can get fooled and not do their homework.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Dolev
quack
quack

Re: Dr Pieter Dahler, DDS, MD, ND (hon) PhD say

Post Number:#2  Post by Dolev » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:36 am

This is a constant "here we go again" subject.

Ascorbic acid was synthesized around 80 years ago and was used in countless studies and found helpful in an incredible number of health situations.

Vitamin C complex is just a philosophy with no research backing it.
Dolev

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#3  Post by Dolev » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:39 am

Too much anti-oxidants is the cause of lack of oxygen, read that word again

That's already funny.
Dolev

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by Jacquie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:17 am

Vitamin K is not a part of vitamin C. If these people are just going to make stuff up, they might as well say vitamin A is part of the vitamin C "complex", too. And vitamin D. And cholesterol. And arsenic. Jeez.

Animals make ascorbate in their livers, and that's what shows up in their blood. When human beings take one of several kinds of ascorbate (acid, sodium, calcium, etc.), ascorbate is what shows up in our blood. It was good enough for Pauling, and it's good enough for me.

VanCanada

Post Number:#5  Post by VanCanada » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:29 pm

ofonorow wrote:The information we provide is based on the 30-year research of Linus Pauling, which is based now on over 100,000 scientific papers, and on knowledge that threatens the economic basis of Big Pharma/Modern Medicine - leading to my own theories where and why this stuff gets planted.
Dr Pieter Dahler's information reminds me in part of the research work of Brian Peskin; Peskin claims cancer is primarily caused by low oxygen levels in the human body. Peskin claims this is supported by the scientific work of two time Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine Dr. Otto Warburg, M.D., Ph.D.

The Hidden Story of Cancer by Brian Peskin
http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/hiddenstoryofcancer.html

Amazon page for Hidden Story of Cancer
http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Story-Cancer-Brian-Peskin/dp/B000MFMXC6

I'm skeptical of all Dahler's points until we see a lot more research. On the cancer topic, Nick Gonzalez's work seems more convincing at this point. In a few years as more and more people follow different cancer treatment protocols maybe we'll have a better idea of whose work holds water and whose doesn't.

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#6  Post by Dolev » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Animals make ascorbate in their livers, and that's what shows up in their blood.

Jacquie, that's a good point, and thanks for pointing it out. Animals that make vitamin C don't make bioflavanoids to go with it. Actually they don't make vitamin K either. This may cause a problem for those that are affected by the vitamin C complex complex. I'd like to hear their explanation for that. The gulanolactone oxidase gene doesn't make bioflavanoids with the ascorbate. Hmmm.........
Dolev

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by majkinetor » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm skeptical of all Dahler's proints until we see a lot more research

There is nothing to be sceptical about - the doc is full of bs.

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#8  Post by Dolev » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:41 am

It's also a bell-ringer that this Pieter Dahler is listed as "Dr, DDS, MD (which is actually redundant for Dr) ND and PhD. What's he trying to prove? Oh yes, and does anyone know what "hon" means? Is that honorable? Such a long list of titles, yet he's never bothered to study up on what vitamin C is. I agree that after all these titles he should add BS.
Dolev

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by Jacquie » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:21 am

Dolev wrote:The gulanolactone oxidase gene doesn't make bioflavanoids with the ascorbate.

Exactly!

Dolev wrote:Oh yes, and does anyone know what "hon" means? Is that honorable?

Honorary, probably.

majkinetor wrote:There is nothing to be sceptical about - the doc is full of bs.
Dolev wrote:I agree that after all these titles he should add BS.

Now that's funny. :D

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by majkinetor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:22 pm

:D

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”