HELP FOR FATHER

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

BillRaenke

HELP FOR FATHER

Post Number:#1  Post by BillRaenke » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:25 pm

How are you sir? I had spoken to you a few years ago. You had put me in contact in with carol smith and jim from ac grace. This is in regards to my father. After years on the puling therapy 3 servings of a-9 a day my father just went to surugury last month. He had 3 valves replaced. One of them ended up being a mechanical valve. What can he do now. He was taking a-9, unique e coq 10 unforuntalely he still had surgury. By guess is with coumadin now he will not be able to take vitamin e or coq 10. Please advise me thank you. I'm not giving up the fight. I have been trying to help him now for years. He has many complication type 2 diabetes, congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy, valve disease,. I believe the products he has taken is why he is still here. What does he take now where to we go from here? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: HELP FOR FATHER

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Congrats to your dad for getting this done. It'll take around a year to see full results from anything you do at this point.
Warfarin is not affected by anything you listed we covered V-K and the types that do affect it's action on other posts in this topic read some of the previous posts.
As far as A-9 cut it back to two times a day. Add 1000mg V-c Capsule with a meal sometime during the day.
Add B1 about 25 Mg a day
Add and I can't stress this enough Magnesium & Potasium Aspartate (100mg Mg. & 99mg Pot.) at least twice a day for no less then 1 year.
If they have a Cardiac rehab program with a local hospitial or that he can go to get him into it. He needs to start getting active to get his heart back in shape and he needs to do it now. I don't just mean going for a walk. He needs to do a regimine!!! This in it's self will do miracles for him.
If his Hemoglobin is low which is common from the heart/Lung machine. Have him take a complete multi vitamin that contains low dose Iron and minerals. Won't use names but a A to Z is a good choice. The small amount of K in it can be over come by dose adjustments of warfarin the rest is beneficial. Add the multi without any other supplement adjustments.
Stand back and let time do it's job!! Be patient. Worse thing you can do is sit back and let him become a couch potatoe :cry:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:43 am

Ditto johnwen.
He has many complication type 2 diabetes, congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy, valve disease,.

Diabetes Type II is a clue his diet could be improved, and that doing so would also allow him to better utilize the vitamin C he ingests. Basically, if the food is processed, it should be avoided in an effort to minimize trans fatty acids. Read this http://healingmatters.com/deception.htm

Everyone who has tried Mr. Smith's protocol, and reported back, has told me their blood sugar has reliably dropped. If your dad's blood sugar can be reduced, the vitamin C in the blood has a better chance of being absorbed by his cells.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by majkinetor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 am

Yes, its a good protocol, however, I doubt its complete.

Aside from hi q animal fats, coconut/palm/olive oil and other mentioend things, he should cut starches, carbs, fruits.

His main stuff should be nuts, meats, vegetables, dairy (kefir, yougurt, but some might rise blood glucose like whey [not necessarily tho] ), mushrooms, and lots of supplements on top of that. Fat should be largest potion of the diet, protein on moderate level and carbs very low (30-70g)

Diet is the most important stuff for diabetes, then supplements, then exercise (I would suggest walking only until weight drops, if he is overweight). From supplements, Mg should be probably lot higher then suggested by joshwin ( I would go with 300-500mg), CoQ10 should be at 300mg, and other great thing is Alpha Lipoic Acid which is regularly used for diabetic neuropathy. High doses of concentrated DHA/EPA fish oil (at last 3g per day) would help a lot to reduce inflammation and bring insulin sensitivity up.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:45 am

M-
I'm sorry, but I have to ask. What is your basis for throwing these thoughts around? Advice is great but yours is always so complicated. I wonder why should anyone take this seriously?

By making these dogmatic statements, about the obviously "correct" diet you ignore that findings of Kelley/Gonzalez and others (metabolic types for example) that we are all different and must eat differently to be in the best of health. Your advice my work for 70-80%, but I don't see how it can work for everyone.

Smith's research (healingmatters.com) is valuable because he found that previous medical research had already discovered what causes Type II diabetes. And his protocol works. It is simple, and I am not aware it has to be augmented to be effective. It also detracts from the basic idea of the post - that blood sugar needs to be controlled in order for vitamin C to be the most effective as "Pauling's Therapy" for heart disease.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

BillRaenke

Post Number:#6  Post by BillRaenke » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Thank everyone for the suggestions. I do have an update. I had written that email a few weeks ago. At the time my father was back in the hospital. I soon will have a complete list of the medications that he is taking and will post them. A few points if this helps.
1. my father is not overweight at all
2. prior to operations diabetes was very well controlled we were trying to get him off his meds.

I must admit im not familiar with coumadin at all. Due to the fact one of the valves that was replaced is mechanical. Is vitamin e safe to take as well?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by Johnwen » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:38 pm

1. my father is not overweight at all.

On the excercise regimine called cardiac rehab it's not a matter of weight . It's about getting that muscle in his chest that was sliced and diced back into working as it should. The heart failure is just another name for weak! If you have a weak muscle you excercise it to get it's strenght back. That's what it's all about!!

The V-E at this point should be in the range of 400iu as things start to heal he could up it. What he might notice at this point is V-E may upset his tummy. This is a reaction to the anesthetic which could last up to a year and the warfarin seems to make these reactions linger. If he still reacts to it drop it to 200iu am and 200iu pm.

As far as diet let his stomach be his guide at this point later he can start looking at natural choices. Theres a lot of healing going on and this takes time.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by majkinetor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:32 pm

2Owen:

Your advice my work for 70-80%, but I don't see how it can work for everyone.

I am happy with 70-80% :)

advice is great but yours is always so complicated

Yes, because human body is complicated.

It also detracts from the basic idea of the post - that blood sugar needs to be controlled in order for vitamin C to be the most effective as "Pauling's Therapy" for heart disease.

Yes, thats why I said no carbs and fruits, because they rise blood sugar and some of them inhibit C absorption.

By making these dogmatic statements, about the obviously "correct" diet you ignore that findings of Kelley/Gonzalez and others (metabolic types for example) that we are all different and must eat differently to be in the best of health.

Its not dogmatic, I am not the one who opened church here. :?
And I didn't say its "correct". I think its a good decision and there is lot of data to back it up. I don't have time to educate you, sorry. The fact that there are few people who are not tolerant to low carbohydrate diet because of genetic defects has nothing to do with majority and its easily testable.

I wonder why should anyone take this seriously?

I wonder the same thing about you. You want to provide uncomplicated answer to complicated problems with limited set of suspicious data. However, unlike you, I don't mind that. You are doing the best you can.
Last edited by majkinetor on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by majkinetor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:35 pm

On the excercise regimine called cardiac rehab it's not a matter of weight . It's about getting that muscle in his chest that was sliced and diced back into working as it should. The heart failure is just another name for weak! If you have a weak muscle you excercise it to get it's strenght back. That's what it's all about!!

The main point of exercise related to diabetes is to bring insulin sensitivity up and provide fatty acids and ketones for the heart to burn. Ketogenic diet works best for the heart since ketones are its perfered fuel.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”