heart failure patient regressed despite vitamin C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

m.hash
Contributor
Contributor

heart failure patient regressed despite vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by m.hash » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Hello,
My mom was diagnosed with severe heart failure wit an ejection fraction of 15% in 2007.In 2010 when things got worse for her i discovered your forum and started her on vitamn c, coq10 and lysine.
Her response to these supplements was excellent, she regained her energy and life went back to normal for her, however the past month has been difficult for her again and she is once again losing energy and going downhill, her BUN level has gone up so has her bilirubin, she is breathless, has sleepless nights , is bloated again and tired throughout the day.
She is currently taking
vitamin c crystals (GNC)- 11-12gm per day
CoQ10 (GNC)- 1+1 (400mg each) with olive oil
Its been almost 10 months since she quit taking lysine saying swallowing the tablet and digesting it was hard for her.
What is lacking in her protocol and why has she regressed despite taking vitamin C. She has 4-5 bowel movements and is on a low salt and sugar diet.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: heart failure patient regressed despite vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:13 am

What is her vitamin C bowel tolerance these days, and have you considered adding some liposomal (e.g Lypo-C) vitamin C?

There are lysine powders available.

Can you correlate the downturn to any new drugs she has been prescribed?

I like the low sugar, but I am aware that Dr. David Brownstein found research (as reported in his book SALT) that a low-salt diet can dramatically increase the risk of heart attack, because the body adjust hormonally to "preserve" the little salt available. This might cause swelling and mimic heart failure, etc. I would add a good unrefined salt (such as Celtic Sea Salt) to her diet immediately. Such a salt is something like a mineral supplement.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

m.hash
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by m.hash » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 pm

I am going to try and increase her vitamin c, however last time she had diarrhoea after consuming 12gm.I forgot to mention instead of dissolving the vitamin c crystals in water she is taking vitamin c by filling up empty capsules with vitamin c crystals. i have been told these capules are made of rice. She also has a lot of gas, could these capsules be the reason for her gas.

Her doctor gave her Risek for her digestive and gastric problems. That is when she went from bad to worse.

Since I live in Pakistan I am not sure if Lypo-C is available here though I am going to look for it. How much lysine should I give her daily.

Thanks a million
m.hash

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:35 am

Not familiar with risek - but if an acid blocker that would explain a great deal. One needs stomach acid at "natural" levels for vitamin C to be absorbed properly.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by majkinetor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:07 am

Indeed. Risek should be out. It makes C unusable and makes infections worst as there is no acid to burn pathogens. Use probiotics instead, something like VSL#3

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”