It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:32 am

Homemade Lypo C 
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Re: Homemade Lypo C
I'm reviving this thread.

The last post seems to be from Dec, before I joined the forum (mostly)

It seems most still are doing a lot of experimenting. Just wondering what results people are having.

I thought Owen said that AA doesn't work, but it seems all these experiments are with it.

Tracy

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:44 am
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

I am ignorant of whether AA "works" in this regard. I simply noticed the same thing, that folks seem to have success with AA, but I have been told by scientists at companies producing commercial liposomal products that there is a "technical" reason they use sodium ascorbate rather than ascorbic acid. I think Steve Brown's analysis/guess is the most likely reason. I may have more info from a liposomal company in this regard soon.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:07 am
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Quote:
I would like to make my own vitamin c in a liposomal form since I have not being able to tolerate with acid issues on my stomach. Which vitamin c is correct. ascorbic acid powder?
Thank you,
Nirvana

Per this discussion, the commercial manufacturers claim there is a technical reason to use sodium ascorbate. Although some posters have claimed to have success with ascorbic acid powder. The question I'd like to see answered is how many actual liposomes are produced by homemade methods. (We had a thought that the powerful microscopes used for "live cell analysis" may be powerful enough to see and test liposomes.)

Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:14 am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Brooks Bradley used a scanning electron microscope to view the liposomes.
He also believed the Sodium Ascorbate to far superior in absorbtion to AA.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:10 am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you search on the web... some people are not even using the ultrasonic cleaner and just sticking with the blender.

I use both, and heat.

Has anyone made lipo-glutathione?

Quote:
Glutathione
Method is exactly the same as above:
3 level tablespoons soy lecithin
1 tablespoon or 7 grams of glutathione powder
Proceed exactly as above.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:08 am
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Saw wrote:
Brooks Bradley used a scanning electron microscope to view the liposomes.
He also believed the Sodium Ascorbate to far superior in absorbtion to AA.

Do you have links? Has he evaluated the various "homemade" methods?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:32 am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Quote:
Do you have links? Has he evaluated the various "homemade" methods?

http://racehorseherbal.com/Infections/LET/let.html

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:51 am
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Thank you. That is an interesting article. I note that he mentions having to "dehydrate" before using a high powered microscope, but the article seems to focus on liposome size - rather than contents, (which seems to be Dr. Levy's concern with the homemade methods.)

It would be nice to have someone post the microscopic images showing the contents of the "sonified" liposomes.

There may be another way to test. For example, GSH (glutathione) reacts with yeast to create a terrible (spoiled egg) smell. So if the person happens to have yeast, and takes Lypo-GSH, one can "prove" that not all the GSH was absorbed. According to Dr. Levy, this is because it is impossible to liposomally encapsulate 100% of the substance, and some amount of GSH makes it all the way through the digestive tract.

If there was a test of how much of a given substance was "free" (not encapsulated) that would go a long way in helping determine which homemade method worked, etc.

Off the top of my head, lets say for purposes of experiment, ascorbic acid was the object to encapsulate. We know AA reacts strongly with baking soda, and would guess that any encapsulated AA would not react. Perhaps the strength of the reaction (presumably an indicator of the amount of free AA after sonification) would help determine whether a method works, or not. The baseline is adding the sodium bicarbonate to unencapsulated (ordinary AA). Perhaps others can come up with better experiments to help determine the percentage encapsulated by a particular method.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:43 am
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Brooks Bradley covered the baking soda test already:

Quote:
Brooks Bradley's simple test to gauge LET efficiency of a liposomal Vitamin C solution:

1) Pour 4 ounces of the finished LET Vitamin C into a 12oz container.

2) Add 1/4 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate into 1 oz of distilled water, stirring well.

3) Pour the sodium bicarbonate solution into the LET Vitamin C mixture, stirring.

Results: If the resulting foam reaction line from this mixture is .5" or less you will have approximately a 50% encapsulation rate of the raw ascorbic acid nanoparticles. If the foam is 3/8" or less you will have approximately 60% encapsulation. If the foam is 1/8" thick or less, you will have around 75% encapsulation.

Foam occurs when the unencapsulated Vit C reacts with the sodium bicarbonate which is added to produce sodium ascorbate. The liposome encapsulated Vit C will not react. Thus, the less foam, the more Vit C is encapsulated and the more efficient went your process. By the way, this test solution should not be discarded as it is still valuable as a medicinal! The formed sodium ascorbate is a very useable form of Vitamin C.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:09 am

So looking through old posts, it seems that the idea of homemade lipo maybe not be worth the trouble and may not in fact produce the desired lipsomal effect. If that's not the case could someone point me in the right direction to accurate info regarding homemade lipo vitamin c .

Also, does anyone know how the body breaks down the soy lecithin and if it can build up in the body thus creating a whole additional problem if taking liposomal - livon product or homemade?

I haven't been able to find suggested amounts of Livon lipo vit c for children or infants. Any thoughts, ideas or weblinks? Can it be mixed up in other liquids then disbursed throughout the day to give to infants? The Livon website was not very informative.

Given the high cost of Livon lypo c it seems the ascorbic acid powder in water is still the best value for getting large doses of vit c into the body. Any thoughts on this? What about for infants needing high doses?

Thanks

Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:00 pm
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

There are dramatic almost miraculous anecdotes of both Lypo-C and Lypo-GSH, but yes, whether the homemade can or always creates liposomes is in question. However, even emulsification can provide some additional benefits (bioavailability). Why would you be concerned about lecithin building up??

I am sure companies are reluctant to recommend dosages for infants, probably hasn't been studied.
From our experience, infants are almost universally better off taking C - in any form, than not taking vitamin C.

Klenner's dosage was 1 gram per year of life - up to age 10.

So a nine year old would take 9 grams daily.

I know my son has stopped at six grams daily - and is in almost perfect health. Age 21.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:19 am

I have a question for those of you making Lipo C using the heat function of your ultrasonic cleaners to open up the lecithin. I have one of the $75 UC's with heat on order and they all seem to heat to around 140+ F. As stated in this thread optimally you don't want to heat the C above 90-100 F. However, I've read that it takes a while to degrade the C via heat. So, my question is, if using the heat option, do you preheat the lecithin and once you dump the C into the UC do you turn off the heat? What if you mix the C and Lecithin beforehand in the blender? Can you dump the mix into the UC for 4-8 on full heat and expect a still usable product? I'm assuming Livon is using heat as their Lipo has the thicker gel look as described in the beginning of this thread.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 pm