PT apparently not helping with High BP

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

PT apparently not helping with High BP

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:39 am

I am currently on blood pressure tables - Valsartan 80mg, Doxazosin 4mg and Amlodipine 5mg.

I am desperate to stop taking some or all of this medication and have been trying the Linus Pauling method.

Starting with with 4mg of vitamin C and 4mg of Lysine in October 2011, increasing to 8mg vitamin C and 6mg Lysine from January 2012.

These are tablet form from a health shop.

I am 60 years old and weigh around 217 pounds. Unfortunately, my blood pressure has not reduced and is hitting 160 /102 having stopped taking the Amlodipine.

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?

I trust you mean grams (g) not milligrams (mg).

Your are doing much good by taking that much vitamin C and lysine -- in my opinion, it would be unwise to stop. BP can be related to other factors, such as calcium buildups,
and may require magnesium and vitamin K (especialy K2).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

davea0511
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PT apparently not helping with High BP

Post Number:#2  Post by davea0511 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:15 am

It's not about 8g/day ... it's about your unique needs related to your physiology, and at 60yrs, 217 lbs with HBP, I can assure you that your needs are greater than most and so you must increase your dosage. That's how PT works ... you'll see no effect until your tissues are adequately saturated but your body is using it up much faster than most bodies will. I'd bump it up to 6g per meal of the C and 3g/meal of the Lysine and see what happens. If no effect then continue to increase from there until you reach bowel tolerance then backoff by 10% and maintain it for at least 2 weeks.

If no effect then you can safely say PT is not helping but until then you're not really following PT as it applies to your unique physiology.
The ascorbist-greeting:
"Score big, eh eh?", "Is yea.", "Excelente'."

(igpay-atinlay of: "Ascorbic?","Yes.","Excellent.")
Short-form: "Score?", "Score." [knuckle bump]

davea0511
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PT apparently not helping with High BP

Post Number:#3  Post by davea0511 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:22 am

These are tablet form from a health shop.

FYI ... that's not really helping you much, but hurting your pocket book more ... with PT you are using C therapeutically which means that your body is utilizing it differently than it would if you were taking it for nutritional benefit wherein the form of C might make a difference. What you want to do is make it doable, which means affordable and easy to swallow. There are a lot of options to do this, but my recommendation is swansonvitamins 1g tablets (not the capsules), both cheap and very easy to swallow. There are others that fit the bill too I'm sure (and I have *no* affiliation with swansonvitamins), but it's a good place to start so you don't break the bank and have a good administration experience. With that many pills, and not covered by insurance, you need to make it easy and affordable.
The ascorbist-greeting:
"Score big, eh eh?", "Is yea.", "Excelente'."

(igpay-atinlay of: "Ascorbic?","Yes.","Excellent.")
Short-form: "Score?", "Score." [knuckle bump]

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”