Vit C/Lysine protocol and diabetics: Any issues?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Ken B.
Contributor
Contributor

Vit C/Lysine protocol and diabetics: Any issues?

Post Number:#1  Post by Ken B. » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:31 pm

My dad has diabetes, but his doc also has him on a statin drug (Provostatin).

I was thinking he can eliminate that drug if he just takes the C/Lysine protocol.

But I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Vitamin C may not be good for diabetics' bloodsugar levels or something like that.

Anyone care to comment if Vitamin C is contradicted in diabetics for any reason?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vit C/Lysine protocol and diabetics: Any issues?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:52 am

Anyone care to comment if Vitamin C is contradicted in diabetics for any reason?

Quite the opposite. Diabetics should be taking even more C because of the competition with glucose to enter cells. And there are numerous recent studies showing that vitamin C is highly beneficial to diabetics. This competition (between glucose and vitamin C) may impact the effectiveness of the Pauling therapy (vitamin C/lysine) but it is not a reason to cut back on the Pauling therapy. It is a reason to try to lower blood sugar levels. In my opinion, any person with Type II diabetes would be wise to follow Mr. Smith's advice regarding fats. (It is interesting that lipids turn out to be at the root of Type II!) Here is a good introductory article about how to cure Type II: http://healingmatters.com/deception.htm
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Vit C/Lysine protocol and diabetics: Any issues?

Post Number:#3  Post by majkinetor » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:59 am

No, its not contraindicated.

In your case, it is double win - it will help both diabetes and cholesterol problems.

C will make blood sugar tests wrong, thats all, since its similar to glucose.

Some references:

[1] R. E. Pecoraro and M. S. Chen, “Ascorbic acid metabolism in diabetes mellitus,” Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci., vol. 498, pp. 248–258, 1987.
[2] B. A. Mullan, I. S. Young, H. Fee, and D. R. McCance, “Ascorbic acid reduces blood pressure and arterial stiffness in type 2 diabetes,” Hypertension, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 804–809, Dec. 2002.
[3] B. D. Cox and W. J. Butterfield, “Vitamin C supplements and diabetic cutaneous capillary fragility,” Br Med J, vol. 3, no. 5977, p. 205, Jul. 1975.
[5] A. Shukla, Siddharth Priyadarshi, and Imteyaz Qamar, “Involvement of Calcium and Vitamin C in Type 2 Diabetes,” IOSRPHR, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 009–020, Feb. 2012.
[6] G. Badr, S. Bashandy, H. Ebaid, M. Mohany, and D. Sayed, “Vitamin C supplementation reconstitutes polyfunctional T cells in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats,” Eur J Nutr, Feb. 2011.
[8] G. N. Dakhale, H. V. Chaudhari, and M. Shrivastava, “Supplementation of vitamin C reduces blood glucose and improves glycosylated hemoglobin in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized, double-blind study,” Adv Pharmacol Sci, vol. 2011, p. 195271, 2011.
[9] C. A. Krone and J. T. A. Ely, “Vitamin C and Glycohemoglobin Revisited,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 1, p. 148–148, Jan. 2001.
[10] J. T. A. Ely, “Unrecognized pandemic subclinical diabetes of the affluent nations: causes, cost and prevention,” Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, vol. 11, pp. 95–99, 1996.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”