Lecithin - Bad for your heart?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lecithin - Bad for your heart?

Post Number:#1  Post by Bossman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 am

A publication in Nature suggests that Lecithin could be a danger for the cardiovascular system, while it was always thought to be healthy.

See this link: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 09922.html

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Lecithin - Bad for your heart?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 am

Phosphatidylcholine is a vital substance that is in every cell in the human body. At birth and throughout infancy, phosphatidylcholine concentrations are high (as high as 90% of the cell membrane), but it is slowly depleted throughout the course of life, and may drop to as low as 10% of the cellular membrane in the elderly

If what they say is true then it would appear that infants have a higher chance of heart problems then older adults.
I think we all know the opposite is true!
Makes you wonder what the real purpose of this study is. After reading the abstract I smelled statins and the discrediting of Lypo-C.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by skyorbit » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:10 am

Is PC something that human's manufacture? I find it hard to believe if it's that important that it's only a dietary thing. People don't eat near enough for it to comprise 90% of the cell membrain.

Also I'm curious about PS Physphytityl Serine. That's also found in Lecithin and it's marketed as a memory enhancement nutrient.

Tracy

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:26 am

A NOTE:
As people start learning about these items. You'll see how beneficial lipids are to the body this counters the "lipid theroy," which paints lipids as evil. Therefore there will be great attemps to discredit them in anyway they can in the name of of Big Pharma Profits. ie."STATINS" So keep an open mind in your search for the truth!

Skyorbit:
Here's a wiki link it gives a lot of detail!
Anyone care for a good helping of Cow Brains UUMMMM!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphatidylserine
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by Bossman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks for keeping us alert with respect to the foul play of big pharma.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Ralph Lotz » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:28 am

Pease check out these links about Dr. Lester Morrison and his work with lecithin:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Dr.+Lest ... =firefox-a
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

freeform

Post Number:#7  Post by freeform » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:22 am

Ralph Lotz wrote:Pease check out these links about Dr. Lester Morrison and his work with lecithin:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Dr.+Lest ... =firefox-a

Thanks, that is very interesting. Found this article while poking around on your Dr Lester Morrison link

http://drrichardstalksback.wordpress.co ... n-sulfate/

" the “amazing” category are the results with atherosclerosis (aka, hardening of the arteries, or plaque deposits). In order to monitor plaque deposition, I have been examining the retinal field; since that is the only place you can visualize the arteries without expensive imaging studies. After as little as 3 or 4 months on high dose CS, I began to see changes in the retinal field. People whose arteries were “copper wire” in appearance – indicating severe plaque deposition – began to show improvement. And, at 6 months, the changes were even more marked; the arteries no longer looked like wires, there were only intermittent speckles of plaque. By 9 to 12 months, several of my patients had complete resolution of the abnormalities in their retinal arteries."

Re: Lecithin - I guess eating eggs are going to be bad for you again :roll: :lol:

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by skyorbit » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:37 pm

What's "high dose CS"?

jknosplr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by jknosplr » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:47 pm

chondroitin sulfate

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by Lone Dog » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:42 am

Anyone interested in lecithin might be like to do a google search for info about Dr Jacob Rinse, who doubled his lifespan following a heart attack/angina by taking a combination of substances, including lecithin.

Some of the mechanisms behind how it is supposed to work, involving HDL, LCAT, cholesteryl esters etc. get a bit beyond me, unfortunately. (See page 98 of STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER by Dr Levy.) Perhaps some of the board's more scientific members will get more out of it reading about it than I did.

I believe Dr Morrison stated that polyunsaturated (soy) lecithins are best, and egg lecithins not good.
Last edited by Lone Dog on Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by Saw » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Chemist Dr. Gerard F. Judd wrote this at the beginning of his revised edition of his book "Good Teeth Birth to Death"

Error No 4:
A fourth change may not be an error but just a thought. A mixture of monosodium phosphate and disodium phosphate, 1/20th teaspoon/da each, is probably better
than lecithin, to provide phosphate for the body. Lecithin lowered triglycerides in my blood system from ~200 to ~50 and may have crinkled my arteries, thus
accelerating my need for a quadruple bypass

http://www.scribd.com/doc/54369530/14258129-Good-Teeth-From-Birth-to-Death-Dr-Gerard-F-Judd
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by Lone Dog » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:49 pm

crinkled my arteries

It's good to get technical terms from an expert. :wink:

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”