Supplement regimen "daunting" - taking calcium ascorbate

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Supplement regimen "daunting" - taking calcium ascorbate

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:11 am

I found your site today and am very impressed, I was searching for help for a heart condition, it seems I need look no further. However it was daunting trying to decide which supplements to purchase, I`ll order a book to get started.

Yes - however Pauling really did make it simple - vitamin C and lysine. The trick is taking a high enough dosage.

You might start with this protocol
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

Once you know whether you can tolerate small, medium or large amounts of ordinary vitamin C - we can help recommend a convenient drink-mix product.

Thank you, Does that mean only ascorbic acid, we are having problems sourcing ascorbic acid locally so what I am using at present is ascorbic acid and calcium ascorbate mix. Am still trying to establish my tolerance level I have been coping with 4gms every 4 hours-5 times a day. Only once did I have bad runs for a few hours.
Thank you for your help.
Faithfully. Peter

The problem with that much calcium-ascorbate is too much calcium (when you take calcium ascorbate at the Pauling dosages.) We recommend only ascorbic acid and/or
sodium ascorbate.

Please explain the problem finding ascorbic acid as it is by far the most common form of vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”