Blocked artery

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sandy
Contributor
Contributor

Blocked artery

Post Number:#1  Post by sandy » Thu May 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi, I have a substantial blockage in the Common Illiac artery, I am taking Vit C to bowel tolerance and 2gms Lysine, is there anything else I should be taking?
SANDY

Dolev
quack
quack

Re: Blocked artery

Post Number:#2  Post by Dolev » Thu May 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Possibly vitamin E in large doses. If you have high blood pressure you must start with low dose, but the problem could resolve at 1600 IU or more. This is not intended as actionable advice, but a possibility.
Dolev

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 25, 2012 2:55 am

What is your V/C tolerance? If less than 10-15 g, I would consider adding a liposomal form of vitamin C.

2 g lysine is only Pauling's preventive dose. I would work up to 5 to 6 g of lysine daily.

1 g of proline would also be of value.

Vitamin E does seem to "spare" vitamin C, meaning you may require less C if you take more E.

Here is a protocol to help get started with Pauling's vitamin C and lysine therapy:
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8026

Here is a link to a table and formula (by johnwen) based on age/body weight that can help you determine
the minimum dosage of vitamin C.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7593

1.) Take your weight in Lbs. and convert it to Kilograms. This is done by Dividing your Lbs. weight by 2.215.
EXAMPLE: 180 / 2.215 = 81.27 Kg
2.) Your real Age.
If you Smoke Add 7 Years to your age
If your athletic, do heavy manual labor, do heavy workouts add 10 years to your age total.
3.) Formula: Kg*Aa=Daily Amount (Aa is Age adjusted)

Let’s do the calculation. Our subject is a 45 year old construction worker who weights 190lbs and smokes.
Figure weight: 190 / 2.215 = 85.78 Kg
Figure Age adjusted: 45 +10 + 7 = 62
Calculate: 85.78 * 62 = 5318.36 Mg V=C Round Up 5500 Mg V-C per day.
How he should take it has been discussed quite a few times on the forum generally a lot of small doses spanned over the day. This would be label amount and once he has taken it for awhile He can “Titrate to BT” and make the needed adjustments.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Fri May 25, 2012 5:08 am

CQ10
100mg. or ++++
L-carnitine
100 Mg.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

sandy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by sandy » Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am taking 8000gms of VC in powder form and the Lysine in powder form also.
I usually add sodium bicarbonate, am I ok to do this or is it better to take it straight?.
I will add the other recommended supplements and hopefully avoid bypass surgery. I recently had my blood
pressure checked and it was "perfect". My next scan is due in September so I will keep you posted.
SANDY

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 27, 2012 12:49 am

I usually add sodium bicarbonate, am I ok to do this or is it better to take it straight?.

We don't have as much experience, (most of our anecdotal results are with ascorbic acid), but based on Dr. Bush's work (he prescribes mainly sodium ascorbate) I would say that it is probably a good idea to add the sodium bicarbonate - as Pauling himself did (as he describes in his 1986 book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER.) The issue of 1 or 2 free electrons (mineral ascorbate versus ascorbic acid) seems mainly to apply to neutralizing infections and toxins.

If you are not getting results, it is because of a dosage. You can make a lower dosage work harder, by taking smaller dosages more frequently. The vitamin C is just under my "no CVD" threshold of 10,000 mg daily. (What did johnwen's table predict for your minimum dose?)

You might consider adding Lypo-C, say a packet per day.

And I would at least double the lysine. And all other ideas are good ones.

Please keep us informed. I predict that at some point the reading will disappear and your blocked artery will be considered another spontaneous remission. (That is unless the Hospital needs the money, and they decide to ignore the negative testing results :cry:
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sandy
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by sandy » Sun May 27, 2012 5:14 pm

I calculated a dose of 4400mg using johnwen,s table
SANDY

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Johnwen » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Ok that should give you about 50 mg/Kg double it for theraputic dose which you need, since you already have blockage forming that should put you at about a 100 mg/Kg that's the amount needed to make things start to happen. If you don't hit BT (bowel tolerance) at that amount start upping the dose a little at a time. you'll know when you hit BT. Your from England you'll and Leu will start getting kind of close. Then back down about 500mg. it should stop if not drop another 500 mg. that's where you want to stay. Me if I take more then 2000 mg. at one time during the day. Me and leu get close. So I take 1500 mg. Four times a day spaced out with no problems I'm at 6000 mg. as a preventive since Knock on wood no heart problems.
Like Owen said keep your L-Lysine up to at least 4000 mg. 6000 mg. being optimal and don't exceed this amount.
Good Luck to you!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”