Ideas for low blood pressure

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Ideas for low blood pressure

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:53 am

This person had very high Lp(a), was not taking vitamin C until last October, and just sent me this:

Hi,

I'm a bit concerned about my low blood pressure.. No doctors take it seriously.

Last night it was 85/49... but the heart rate was 80 to 90 which is high for resting. I felt like I was gonna die. At first I thought it was anxiety- would anxiety do that?

I took 3 lypo-c's, a glutathione, a scoop of Cathcart's sodium ascorbate for the sodium, a tsp of baking soda, and some sea salt and that brought it up to 89/50.

I drink tons of water and take salt on a daily basis to try to bring it up.

Any ideas?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Ideas for low blood pressure

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:25 am

Probably the reason your doc's seem unconcerned is your not passing out!
However your bp would be considered low ie Hypotension
You really need to get blood work done to check for signs of infection and a Bp reading cortisol check. That's where they take your BP and draw the sample for cortisol level at the same time.
If that check's ok then a echocardiogram to check for ejection fraction to make sure the muscle is doing it's job.
The blood test I believe will reveal the problem however you also didn't mention how long this has been going on?
As far as the heart running a little faster is it's trying to keep the bp up by adding more volumne it does this by speeding up. On the other side a person with high blood pressure usually has a slow heart rate. Teeter-tauter effect it's normal.
The C effect tends me to think infection. Get it checked out! Till then keep up with the V-C.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:53 am

Johnwen, got this reply to some of my question before I noticed your response. She is/has been treated for Lyme Disease. She has just gotten a Jeffereries-like cortisol prescription (thanks to the book!)

I do trust the device. When I go tot the doctor, my BP during the day reads the same as my home meter. I also take it several times and I've used it on other people.

I am afraid I'm having autonomic nervous system failure. I've had blood pressure issues for years going back to when I was at Mayo Clinic in 2001. Please post on the forum and see if I can get any help.

Doctors don't take me seriously because the BP is 90/50 during the day. Sometimes I can get it 105/60something.. then i feel good.

The drop happens when I lie down. The heart speeds up and the BP drops to 83/49. I was told the heart signal is fine. It just adds an extra beat which is common. My circulation is not great. I have PAD. For the forum info.. I'm 5'9" 125 lbs. Exercise regularly...45 yrs old.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by gofanu » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Pantothenic acid
Iodine
Other B vitamins
Food, especially protein - you are starving to death. My daughter is 5'9" about 140 and looks like a model. 15 pounds under that I'd be frightened.

I don't know what all that stuff adds up to in V-C, but PAD responds to a lot. I had a problem resulting from major long term stress plus sitting a lot in very cold shop, and took 35 grams C for two days then tapered off to my usual 20 gm/day. The symptoms went away the first day. Only later did I realize it matched PAD.

FRM

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”