High Blood Pressure after 3 months on 8 g Vitamin C/lysine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

High Blood Pressure after 3 months on 8 g Vitamin C/lysine

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:26 am

I've been taking ascorbic acid for about 3 months now but my blood pressure is still high 140/150 90 I take about 1 good teaspoon of asc acid & the same of lycine twice a day am wondering if the ascorbic acid i use is good enough it says it pure phama grade or should i be taking more of it.I would buy your products but with shipping to oz it gets a bit expensive & being a single parent of 4 kids money is tight anyway I would appreciate your thoughts thanks Phil

One teaspoon is roughly 4000 mg, so you are definitely taking enough lysine, but perhaps 8000 mg of vitamin C may not be enough for your metabolism? But you are very close to the therapeutic amount/dosage that works for most people.

You might check this table for the "preventive" amount of daily vitamin C based on body weight/age (table/formula towards end of this topic)
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7593

johnwen (the author) says to double whatever number you compute for therapeutic effect.

Also, knowing any medications you are taking, age, time of day, how when BP taken, stress, etc. would help formulate some answers.

Note: Magnesium, CoQ10, and 200 mg of vitamin B6 are good nutrients for lowering blood pressure.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

valgata

Re: High Blood Pressure after 3 months on 8 g Vitamin C/lysine

Post Number:#2  Post by valgata » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:29 am

Hello

One thing i would like to ask panel of experts is about the causes of high blood pressure.
Are there any other factors which could cause high blood pressure in people. For instance : kidney problems or any other heath issues?
Thanks

Miro

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: High Blood Pressure after 3 months on 8 g Vitamin C/lysine

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Both questions can probably be answered Best with One Word!

STRESS!

bit expensive & being a single parent of 4 kids money is tight anyway

Sounds Stressful to Me!

He is doing the right thing with the C & Lysine this will keep the pipes flexible and functioning.
Phosphatidyl serine about 300 mg a day could possibly help!

Valgata
Do a search on HPA Axis and Adrenal Fatigue.
You'll find an answer to your question would require a very large writting to answer it
but 90% of time it's stress related. Stress encompasses many many functions also.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”