Patent 5,278,189

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

KewlKat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Patent 5,278,189

Post Number:#1  Post by KewlKat » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:36 pm

I've been aware of high dose vitamin C for a few years now but not until recently have I become obsessed with learning all I can about it's uses. I recently downloaded the subject patent PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF OCCLUSIVE CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE WITH ASCORBATE AND SUBSTANCES THAT INHIBIT THE BINDING OF LIPOPROTEIN (A)

So, a patent was granted for -

A method is provided for prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease, such as atherosclerosis, by administering therapeutically effective dosages of a drug comprised of ascorbate, lipoprotein(a) binding inhibitors, and antioxidants.

Why then hasn't the medical community embraced this and saved thousands of lives? According to the guidance for granting patents the government website says there are three types of patents. I'm assuming that Pauling/Rath's patent is a Utility patent as utility patents may be granted to anyone who invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, article of manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof.

It also goes on to say -

What Can Be Patented

The patent law specifies the general field of subject matter that can be patented and the conditions under which a patent may be obtained.
In the language of the statute, any person who “invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof, may obtain a patent,” subject to the conditions and requirements of the law.

The patent law specifies that the subject matter must be “useful.” The term “useful” in this connection refers to the condition that the subject matter has a useful purpose and also includes operativeness, that is, a machine which will not operate to perform the intended purpose would not be called useful, and therefore would not be granted a patent.

A patent cannot be obtained upon a mere idea or suggestion. The patent is granted upon the new machine, manufacture, etc., as has been said, and not upon the idea or suggestion of the new machine.

So the process identified in the patent had to have been proven as "useful" so that means it works.....what am I missing? There also is a patent for a solution that they patented that is used in bypasses, etc, to clean the gunk off the bits they are implanting.

Sometimes I think it may have been better for me to have remained ignorant of the major lies and deceptions that the medical communities have perpetrated against humanity as it's been maddening trying to get the uninformed to give vitamin C a serious trial. All the commercials now for every drug under the sun that they are hawking on TV should also be banned like the tobacco commercials were. Folks don't have a chance with all the misinformation out there.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Patent 5,278,189

Post Number:#2  Post by tjohnson_nb » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:27 am

KewlKat wrote:Sometimes I think it may have been better for me to have remained ignorant of the major lies and deceptions that the medical communities have perpetrated against humanity as it's been maddening trying to get the uninformed to give vitamin C a serious trial. All the commercials now for every drug under the sun that they are hawking on TV should also be banned like the tobacco commercials were. Folks don't have a chance with all the misinformation out there.

So true, it is very maddening. But I'm so glad we have the internet so at least now we can find out for ourselves if we are interested. Science progresses 1 death at a time. :wink:
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Patent 5,278,189

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:23 pm

Patents in and of themselves are not scientifically convincing. I interpret the Pauling/Rath patent as a way to secure their place in history when this truth is finally revealed, i.e. the way to help prevent medicine from stealing the idea and claiming they invented it. I believe it also prevents a drug company from patenting it and trying to keep it from the public.

Probably one of the reasons Pauling didn't go into more detail on the 1992 video was because they had applied for the patent, but it has not been issued.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”