Kidney Failure

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

gibs7usa

Kidney Failure

Post Number:#1  Post by gibs7usa » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:39 pm

A 50 year old male suffers from vomiting and pain for 48 hours before going to the hospital. There they tell him he is in Kidney failure (0% function) - They start dialysis, do tests for 3 days, including biopsy, and finally conclude that he overdosed on acetaminophen and ibuprofen the weekend before-- He will be on dialysis for 1 month at which time they say his kidney function should return to normal.
I have personal knowledge and experience with vit c - Have used it for many years, in fact my 5 kids (9-16) have never even taken so much as an asprin.... but, I don't know much about kidney repair and would like to give this man articles to read so that he can treat himself....I've been looking it up, but it is difficult to sift through all the material available. It is hard to just TELL someone, people need to read it for themselves.
Any help or direction that would simply explain what he should take and why would be very helpful.
Thanks, Gina

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#2  Post by DanSco » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:08 pm

You might want to do some search engine investigation and look at a product called Neprinol.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Jon Campbell

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:51 am

Jon Campbell publishes a newsletter on alt. health and has researched vitamin c's ability to protect the liver and kidey from NSAIDS overdoses. (He has shared with me some remarkable antedotes .) His home page is
http://www.cqs.com/
but I can't find the NSAIDS material. You might contact him.

In addition to high sustained bowel tolerance ascorbic acid, I'd be thinking CoQ10 (200 to 600 mg) and Unique-E (2000 iu) to improve kidney function, perhaps by regrowing "dead" tissue. Again, you can send me a private message and I can share more on stimulating stem cells to regrow tissue.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

gibs7usa

Thanks

Post Number:#4  Post by gibs7usa » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:49 am

Thank you - I will email him and see what I can gather - I'll keep you posted...

Return to “Toxicity”