It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:25 am

Bowel tolerance decreases with fewer fillers. 
Post Bowel tolerance decreases with fewer fillers.
Seems to be that way.

Yesterday I took 1 teaspoon of vitamin C each hour for 4 hours. 1tsp = 4.5g vitamin C, so this equates to 18g of vitamin c for 4 hours. Subsequently I suffered pretty bad diarrhea. But I've been able to stomach more, 20 grams in 4 hours with little intestinal discomfort.

I'm not sure if it's celiac, or maybe my body doesn't want it. But I did notice diarrhea began after the first dose of 4.5g.

Can anyone explain this. I have hepatitis and according to Dr. Cathcart I should be able to ingest 100g without any problems, but I can't even stomach 18g.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:59 pm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Re: Bowel tolerance decreases with fewer fillers.
I know this is an old post. It's good that you are getting pure vitamin C in powder form. That's the way I take it. Sometimes it takes awhile for your body to adjust to the higher dosages. If you find that you are still experiencing a lot of diarrhea, then you should cut down on the vitamin C.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:39 pm
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Re: Bowel tolerance decreases with fewer fillers.
If you are willing to go to the trouble, you could try taking a much smaller dose (like 1 or 2 grams) every 30 minutes and see what happens. Personally, I've been able to triple my tolerance doing this if I feel something like a cold might be coming on.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:35 pm