Where Does AA Come From

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

STUARTCBRANDT

I dont get it I looked at.

Post Number:#1  Post by STUARTCBRANDT » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:11 pm

I dont get it does it matter if AA is from corn or a Non corn source.
I was at a site that sells AA but it is from a non corn source, but what source they will not say.
Now I am confused, but hey I have Six kids I should be confused lol.

Stuart Brandt

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

does it matter if AA is from corn or a Non corn source

Post Number:#2  Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:19 pm

C6H8O6 is C6H8O6 whether it comes from corn, sorbitol, sorbose, goat liver or bee's wings.

I've seen these same specious arguments that are posed in this thread for over 35 years.
Some people actually believe this drivel, but most of them are just doing the marketing for the nonsensical RDA so called food grown mega fraud vitamin companies.
I suspect they are agent provacateurs of BigPharma.

Pauling disproved "the ascorbic acid interferes with B12 myth" of Victor Herbert decades ago.
Some people still believe in the tooth fairy.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

zucic

Re: Where does AA come from

Post Number:#3  Post by zucic » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:56 am

STUARTCBRANDT wrote:I dont get it does it matter if AA is from corn or a Non corn source.
I was at a site that sells AA but it is from a non corn source, but what source they will not say.
Now I am confused, but hey I have Six kids I should be confused lol.

Stuart Brandt

Ascorbic acid probably comes from China. There it is made by the original Chinese technology, and soon almost all of the world production will come from China. Just be sure that you have the properly purified product. You don't need too much residual glucose. If AA is reasonably pure, small residues won't hurt.

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#4  Post by Dolev » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:30 pm

I've bought AA from about 4 different Chinese companies. I saw the lab analyses of one or two of the procucts, and it was quite pure. They don't make it in the US anymore.
Dolev

Catherine in Chicago

only preference for vitamin c is non-GMO

Post Number:#5  Post by Catherine in Chicago » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:12 am

When and where possible, I support all non-GMO products.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

only preference for vitamin c is non-GMO

Post Number:#6  Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:54 pm

I would like to see the raw ingredient paper trail for any product making this claim.
Most vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is synthesized from corn. Corn has been contaminated by Starlink for years.

Virtually all ascorbic acid is made in China using a two step fermentation process.
A single step fermentation process developed in Scotland is not currently commercially feasible.

Both of these methods are much cleaner and more economical than the Reichstein process.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Catherine in Chicago

say it ain't true, what's a non-chemist to do?

Post Number:#7  Post by Catherine in Chicago » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:31 pm

How can Douglas Labs make that claim? Is it a technicality of sorts, like ascorbic acid not being organic?

I'll follow up with Douglas Labs and report back with what they tell me as a consumer.

Catherine in Chicago

we have a winner

Post Number:#8  Post by Catherine in Chicago » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:56 pm

Non-GMO is not the same as GMO-free. If a GMO product is used, but only the chemical composition is considered after processing, the final product is GMO free.

That was a no brainer, wasn't it?

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”