I don't think its anything special. It happened to me. Just did bowel tolerance for a week...
My advice :
This is what I'd do.
1. DON'T stop taking the C !
2. Get a tub of pure Ascorbic Acid. Also buy some of those effervescent tubes usually 1000mg orange.
3. Mix a heaped teaspoon with a fizzy C and completely mix.
4. Down it and rinse your teeth with water/milk afterwards.
5. Do this every 4 hours if possible.(Dynamic Flow method)
6. Take 4000IU's of Vitamin D3
7. Follow the Linus Pauling regimen of other supplements.
8. Cut as much sugar/salt/processed food from your diet.
9. Get exercising. Start with 30 minutes of walking everyday. Find the time. Make time. (Throw the TV in the bin).Take somebody with you or the dog.
10. Get plenty of quality sleep. If this means getting a new bed - do it.
11. Eat plenty of whole foods. If you don't know who to cook - its easy - have a go! Get some instruction if you're clueless.
12. Steam veggies don't boil them.(all the C gets destroyed and more) Use Olive oil instead of marg/butter.
13. Don't drink caffeine after mid afternoon
14. Don't drink alcohol if you can help it...
15. Don't smoke /passive smoke.
16. Eat as much fruit and veg as you can.
17. Eat wholemeal everything (bread/Rice/add bran to food) - stop eating white flour.
This is just sample of the obvious things (maybe) that everybody should be doing.
You'll notice the difference. Live a pro-active healthy lifestyle and you will over time notice the difference.
THE MESSAGE : TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH - Doctor's can not be trusted to do it for you.(http://www.doctoryourself.com
All the best,
Bury , UK